Thursday, September 13, 2012
Preschool
Brady started 3 day preschool this week. Drop off the 1st day was rough...a nightmare, really. He had expressed some nervousness about not having any friends, but I thought he would get over it quickly. We arrived with him clinging to my leg. We put his name tag on and hung up his backpack. It was time to find a carpet square and work on puzzles until all the kids arrived. He freaked-threw himself on the floor and begged for me to stay. After realizing I wasn't helping I left feeling awful, shed a few tears and put faith in his new teacher to handle him. Both Dad and I were waiting at pickup to make sure he was ok. Thankfully he came around and has adjusted-day 2 was a little better, and day 3 was great.
He still insists upon bringing a stuffed animal with him to school. I'm not really sure what this is about. He has never had a "lovie" or "blanket", but I was sure glad he had it those first 2 days.
On a side note, I need to buy him pants without a button and zipper because stupid two handed Mom didn't realize that would be difficult for him. Poor kid walked around with his pants unbuttoned at school because he was too shy to ask anyone to help him after he went potty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Congrats on surviving your first of many school 'firsts!' And the pants thing...I think buttons/zippers are hard for any kid that age. I remember Ryan walking around with unzippered pants too.
ReplyDelete