Wednesday, June 9, 2010

16 Months

It's been a while since I have done an update so I think I will take this one bullet style...

-A week after surgery Brady came down with a killer viral infection.  The kind that comes with a 103 temp and skin rash. It lasted a very long 6 days. (See pic)
-Because he was sick for so long, he got to watch TV. He now knows every character on Nick Jr. and the Disney Channel. Favs include Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,  Chuggington, and Handy Manny.
-He says one word-Mum, or sometimes it comes out MumMum or Mom.
-He's still obsessed with trucks. We have checked out every book the library has on the subject, and those have done wonders in keeping him entertained. He loves to point them out when we are in the car. He points and grunts until I acknowledge his spotting. He loves to sit in Daddy's van or Mommy's car and pretend to drive.
-He kisses Mom and Dad. He makes eye contact and comes at you mouth wide open.
-He follows simple commands like "Bring this to Daddy" or "Let's go outside". I sense he is understanding me much more these days. He still rarely responds to just a verbal warning.
-Tantrums are in full swing and I see them just about everyday. I  can now say I have been THAT parent....the one with the child screaming down the aisles at Target. Hitting has become a recent issue...funny things is he only hits me.
-It took me a while to appreciate how fun this stage is. He is a very strong willed little boy and wants to explore all day. He's not interested in shopping or riding in a stroller (unless it involves a free cookie...thank you Cub).

No comments:

Post a Comment