Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What happened to my good sleeper?

Brady used to go down for naps like a champ. A story and a snuggle was all he needed to settle down. All of this has changed-I was in denial thinking it was just the introduction of squash to his diet or that maybe he was teething, but it has now been 5 days and we are still battling it out one nap at a time. 20-30 minutes of listening to him kick the side rails, several pacifier plug-ins and constant whining is wearing on my patience. Have I mentioned the kicking....this child is destined to be a soccer player. I could maybe come to accept this change if it meant he was sleeping better at night, but I was up 3 times last night-11:40, 3:39, and 5:52. I don't like starting my day at 5:52AM. I am off to consult my sleep books...




Brady's 1st try in the baby pool.


4 comments:

  1. Gah! Gah! I cringe just remembering these times. (I admittedly more than once went into the bathroom, shut the door, and screamed because the non-sleeping was driving me insane). Anyhoo. Get out the Healthy Sleep Habits and read up on Brady's age. It could be he's going thru a growth spurt, or developmental milestone or something, and that always messes up their sleep. Every few months Ryan would go thru something like this.

    Also...it could be time you try letting him cry it out. As in, don't go in to re-plug, etc. See what Healthy Sleep Habits says about when to do that...seriously, I took all my sleep advice from that book and it's all worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice Anne! Babysitter Liz was here and this afternoon and I warned her nap time could be hard. She let him cry it out for 10 minutes and has now been sleeping for 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I wish I was doing that right now!

    ReplyDelete